Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tennis News Net Notes for September 29, 2011

In The News:

Novak Djokovic has withdrawn from the China Open due to a back injury.� Djokovic told tournament organizers that his injury dates back tot he US Open.
Djokovic wrote on his twitter page on Thursday, ?I am very sad to announce that I will not participate on China Open in Beijing next week. Because of my back injury, which is very particular, and restrains me from rotating my upper body in serve motion, I am not able to compete on the professional level.
?I have tried to hit couple of balls to test my body, but unfortunately, I still feel pain and therefore I cannot risk playing China Open next week.?

Maria Sharapova retired from her match in Tokyo against Petra Kvitova due to ankle sprain.� ?I hit a serve and then landed awkwardly on my left ankle,? Sharapova said. ?I felt a sharp pain and next thing I knew I was on the floor. It swelled up immediately and I knew there was no way I could continue.?

�Kim Clijsters announced on her website that she has split with her ...

Source: http://network.yardbarker.com/tennis/article_external/tennis_news_net_notes_for_september_29_2011/7118449

Boston Celtics Denver Broncos

No comments:

Post a Comment