Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Last Year Celtics Continue to Complain over Perkins Trade

Basketball news on opening NFL Sunday? Shaquille O'Neal just wants people to know that the Boston Celtics "did what they've got to do" when they made the trade of Kendrick Perkins at the last NBA trade deadline. (NOLA's Q&A with Shaq:)
Was it tough seeing your skills diminish after dominating for most of your career?
At 39, I wasn’t mentally on the down slope. But I used to feel really terrible after scoring eight points. This ain’t me, the Diesel scoring eight points. My mind was on winning the whole thing, and we had a chance to get the second spot (in the Eastern Conference), and we ended up getting the fourth spot. I even told (Boston General Manager) Danny Ainge not to do the Kendrick Perkins deal with Oklahoma City. I told them I might not be ready, and I’m definitely not coming back. Those guys did what they’ve got to do. I wasn’t surprised; I’ve seen it before. They say all that blah, blah, but you know it&rsquo...

Source: http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/last_year_celtics_continue_to_complain_over_perkins_trade/6696964

Orlando Magic Chicago Bears

No comments:

Post a Comment