Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Metta World Peace gives interesting answer to Jason Collins coming out

As the big news of Jason Collins coming out has spread throughout the Internet, Los Angeles Lakers forward Metta World Peace decided to weigh in on his thoughts about the news during an exit interview.
Metta was wearing a Cookie Monster t-shirt while answering the questions and below is the full quote from LA Times columnist Mark Medina:
Whether it?s a free country or not, you should be free to act as you want to do as long as it?s not violent. No matter what it is. I came here in a Cookie Monster shirt because I wanted to, and I was going to wear the pants. But I thought you guys were going to judge me. I was going to wear the hat too. But I thought you guys would judge me. I didn?t want Mitch [Kupchak] to judge me. So that?s why I didn?t wear the hats and the pants. But I should?ve wore it. You should be free to do and act how you want to act.?
If we were all only as accepting as Metta?
***
Metta responds to Collins coming out [Sulia]

Source: http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/metta_world_peace_gives_interesting_answer_to_jason_collins_coming_out/13513442

Houston Rockets Utah Jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment