Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Serena Williams upset with reporter?s Crip Walk question (Video)

Three weeks after Serena Williams celebrated winning a gold medal at the Olympics by doing a gangster dance, her impromptu jig is still a topic of conversation. The only difference is that Williams no longer wants to address it.
Asked by a U.S. Open reporter if she had any regrets about doing the celebratory ?Crip Walk,? (which was technically actually a blood walk), Williams essentially told the reporter to talk to the hand.
?First of all, it was just a dance,? she said, via Reuters. ?I didn?t know that?s what it was called. Second, why are you asking me that? Like that?s so ? I mean, if anything you should be trying to ask me questions to lift me up, not bring up such things. I?m done with that question.?
I don?t recall lifting up athletes being part of the media?s job, but I guess we can agree to disagree on that point.
Williams also says she wasn?t aware of the criticism she received for the dance.
?I read zero press,? Williams said. &...

Source: http://network.yardbarker.com/tennis/article_external/serena_williams_upset_with_reporters_crip_walk_question_video/11550103

New York Giants Los Angeles Lakers

No comments:

Post a Comment