Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Why Happy Gilmore Might Be One of the Worst Made Movies Ever (And Yet I Still Love It)

I want everyone to understand something; I love “Happy Gilmore.” Love it. I own it on DVD, owned it on VHS, and will tune in whenever it’s on whatever channel still shows it. HBO, Golf Channel, TBS ... I really, don’t care, I’ll watch. I laugh at least 12 times a viewing, and will never hate on the idea behind the movie. But as a movie about golf? Terrible. Absolutely horrible. Stunningly horrible. Like, “if I wrote a story that had that many mistakes I’d be not only fired but shot” bad. And why? Because it literally lips out (golf term joke ... hey-o) on every possible golf scenario in the movie. So, let us dive right in, shall we? -- First things first ... 400 yards away on his first tee shot, eh? Fine, that’s fine. But how in the world is the man that far away going to see, and point out, that it was Gilmore and the movers that were hitting balls at them? And if that man could see them, why wouldn’t he go to the house an...

Source: http://network.yardbarker.com/golf/article_external/why_happy_gilmore_might_be_one_of_the_worst_made_movies_ever_and_yet_i_still_love_it/5719594

Philadelphia 76ers Chicago Bulls

No comments:

Post a Comment