Thursday, February 17, 2011

An Open Letter On An Overheated Rivalry.

Dr. Jay Gouge Dr. Robert E. Witt
President of Auburn University President of the University of Alabama



Dear Dr. Gouge and Dr. Witt,
I am sure that you are both well aware of the tragic and horrible killing of historic Oak trees on Toomer's corner in Auburn. This was a heinous act of the utmost hate. Yet, it was not the first act of vandalism this year between Auburn University and The University of Alabama. Repeated acts of vandalism committed against both universities have become the norm.
I graduated from the University of Alabama and I have been a loyal Alabama fan since the age of five. I have rooted against Auburn in the Iron Bowl for many years. I know the passion of our great rivalry. I know how much emotion can be involved in the competitions between our two universities. Whether it?s the Iron Bowl or a debate match, the rivalry between Alabama and Auburn is always i...

Source: http://network.yardbarker.com/college_football/article_external/an_open_letter_on_an_overheated_rivalry/4179742

San Diego Chargers Memphis Grizzlies

No comments:

Post a Comment