Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mark Wilson Wins Phoenix Open in Playoff

Filed under:



Let's hear it for the power of cheese.

One day after his beloved Green Bay Packers won the Super Bowl, Wisconsin native Mark Wilson, who briefly wore a plastic Cheesehead as he played Sunday, returned to TPC Scottsdale Monday and won the frost-delayed Waste Management Phoenix Open, beating Jason Dufner in a playoff. Wilson, who in January won the Sony Open, became a four-time career winner by making a nine-foot birdie putt on the second hole of sudden-death.

Wilson has now won two of his last three starts and becomes this season's first multiple winner.

"I think I've been a little bit better practicer," Wilson said. "I've got a new green-reading technique that I learned from Dr. Greg Rose there at (the) Titleist Performance Institute, and then Ping has been really good with me working with my wedges trying to dial in the grooves just right. I spin the ball more than most guys, so the whole groove thing last year was supposed to be good for me, but I still was spinning it back too much from the fairway. So Ping has been working with me good. I've got some good equipment now, and just -- but the putting really has been the big thing.

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://golf.fanhouse.com/2011/02/07/mark-wilson-wins-phoenix-open-in-playoff/

Milwaukee Bucks Houston Rockets

No comments:

Post a Comment