Thursday, October 6, 2011

Red Sox's Francona: 'Maybe it was just time'

Terry Francona continues to take responsibility for the Red Sox's collapse, while suggesting that his tenure as manager in Boston had run its course.
"Maybe it was just time," Francona said during a Wednesday radio appearance on WEEI in Boston. "It certainly hurts. Some things I felt like was able to get done in the past, I wasn't able to quite get done this year, especially at the end. That bothered me, a lot."
The Red Sox finished the season on a 7-20 slide, blowing a hefty wild card lead to Tampa Bay and missing the playoffs. Days later, Boston announced that it was parting ways with its manager.
Francona said that he will look back fondly on his days with the club.
"I gave everything I had, I really did," he added. "Whether it was right, wrong, or in between I always tried to do the best I could for the team and I always tried to put the organization ahead of my own personal stuff and I hope that was apparent."

Source: http://network.yardbarker.com/mlb/article_external/red_soxs_francona_maybe_it_was_just_time/7255873

Indiana Pacers St. Louis Rams

No comments:

Post a Comment