Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pope the key cog for Seton Hall with Hazell gone

After undergoing heart surgery 15 months ago and struggling somewhat last season, Seton Hall senior forward Herb Pope is healthy and ready to return to the premier status he enjoyed two seasons ago.

"I feel like I'm a little better than 100 percent," Pope said. "My ultimate goal this year is to be the Big East Player of the Year. I totally respect the others in the league.

"But I now feel like I am one of the best power forwards in the country."

That's a complete resurrection for the 6-foot-8 Pope, who was a mere shell of himself last season. He averaged 9.8 points and 7.9 rebounds, a year after averaging 11.5 and a conference-leading 10.7, becoming the first Seton Hall player to lead the league in rebounding since Glenn Mosley in 1976-77.

Source: http://network.yardbarker.com/college_basketball/article_external/pope_the_key_cog_for_seton_hall_with_hazell_gone/7727014

Phoenix Suns New York Giants

No comments:

Post a Comment