Thursday, May 30, 2013

Monfils pauses, takes video of crowd

As a French Open keepsake, Gael Monfils took some video of the center court crowd Wednesday.

He was playing at the time.

During a changeover before the fourth set of his victory Wednesday over Ernests Gulbis, Monfils requested permission from the chair umpire to videotape the crowd doing the wave.

''I ask, `Can I allowed to tape the wave?' '' the multitasking Frenchman said in broken English. ''He tell me, `Sure, you can.' So I say, `OK, I will tape it, like quick. No worries.' ''

Monfils remained seated, held his phone close to his face and followed the peak of the wave around the stadium, craning his neck to keep up.

He said the video might be Web-worthy.

''Maybe with YouTube I will have some video editing,'' he said.

It's at least the second time a phone came into play during competition this week. Sergiy Stakhovsky of Ukraine set down his racket and briefly became an amateur photographer during a first-round match Monday.

Angered by a

Source: http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/monfils_pauses_takes_video_of_crowd/13719872

Phoenix Suns New York Giants

No comments:

Post a Comment