Monday, May 13, 2013

It's time: the Dodgers need to replace Brandon League with Kenley Jansen

OK, it might be time for the Dodgers to make a change. I'm not talking about firing Don Mattingly (yet), I'm talking about switching closers.

I wasn't against the Brandon League signing, even when everyone else seemingly was. I've stated that on multiple occurrences. I've never said he's better than Kenley Jansen, just that I was for his signing. Now, I'm not so sure.

League came into a 5-1 game on Sunday. All he had to do is get three outs in a non-save situation, yet he proceeded to allow two runs, making the game much closer than it should have been. Side note: Chris Capuano was fantastic in this game. That's encouraging to see.

But back to League. I noted his ineffectiveness just a little more than a couple weeks ago. His velocity was down from 2012 (still is) and he's just not getting the job done.

League finished play Sunday with a 6.28 ERA. I know ERA isn't the best determiner of value -- especially for a reliever -- but...

Source: http://network.yardbarker.com/mlb/article_external/its_time_the_dodgers_need_to_replace_brandon_league_with_kenley_jansen/13605602

Milwaukee Bucks Houston Rockets

No comments:

Post a Comment