Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Serena rolls ankle in win

(January 15, 2013) Despite five-time Australian Open champion Serena Williams destroying Edina Gallovits-Hall 6-0, 6-0 in her first round match at the Australian Open, the real story of the match will be the state of the American?s right ankle after a first set fall. Nineteen minutes into the match, with Williams up 4-0 in the first set with�Gallovits-Hall serving at� 15-0, Williams fell on the court grabbing her right ankle. The 15-time major champion was helped up from the court and to her chair and her right ankle was taped by a trainer. ?It was definitely a lot of pain,? said Williams. ?Also a little bit of the memory, as well.� So it was definitely a little bit of both. ?But also at the same time trying to gather myself together and trying to make sure that I can continue.? ?I think I was really, really close to panicking because a very similar thing happened to me last year, almost on the same side, the same shot,? Williams added. ?So I almost panicked, and I thought, I can?t ...

Source: http://network.yardbarker.com/tennis/article_external/serena_williams_rolls_ankle_and_opponent_in_6_0_6_0_rout/12661282

Miami Heat Oklahoma City Thunder

No comments:

Post a Comment