Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Vols' Maymon: I'll be at 100 percent for opener

Tennessee forward Jeronne Maymon thinks he should be at 100 percent by the start of the season as he recovers from a knee injury that prevented him from playing last year.

''I feel good,'' Maymon said. ''My body feels good. No pain. Nothing. I'm ready to go.''

Tennessee opens the season Nov. 12 at Xavier as it tries to return to the NCAA tournament after back-to-back NIT appearances.

Maymon earned second-team all-Southeastern Conference honors two years ago before sitting out the entire 2012-13 season. Maymon said he isn't as explosive as he was before the injury, but the 6-foot-8 senior believes that will change as the season goes on.

''As of now, I'm not as explosive as I was, but I think I do a real good job of (mentally) slowing the game down and I think that helps me with my passes, getting to the hole and seeing different things that I didn't see before,'' Maymon said. ''Sitting out a whole year really helps me visualize the gam

Source: http://network.yardbarker.com/college_basketball/article_external/vols_maymon_ill_be_at_100_percent_for_opener/14382458

Houston Texans Detroit Lions

No comments:

Post a Comment