Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Favre helped recruit Jennings to Vikings

If you're wondering how Greg Jennings' pact with the Vikings came about, look no further than Brett Favre.
Seriously.
The veteran receiver, who recently inked a five-year, $48 million contract with Minnesota, revealed his ex-teammate and retired gunslinger lent a hand in the deal-making process.
"Literally, as I got off the plane and (offensive coordinator Bill) Musgrave walked up to me, I'm on the phone with Brett," Jennings said, via Min.Scout.com. "I spoke with Brett two or three times throughout this process. He shot me straight. I knew if there was one person that would shoot straight and tell me exactly what I wanted to hear and things I possibly didn't want to hear, it would be Brett. He did that for me."
Favre, of course, knows something about jumping the NFC North ship, having gone from the Pack to the Purple People Eaters, with a brief stop in the Big Apple sandwiched in between.
It seems Jennings was quick to embrace th...

Source: http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/brett_favre_helped_recruit_greg_jennings_to_vikings/13178122

New York Giants Los Angeles Lakers

No comments:

Post a Comment