Thursday, February 28, 2013

Mavericks reportedly bothered that Derek Fisher signed with Thunder

Derek Fisher signed with the Oklahoma City Thunder this week, and the move is not sitting well with the Dallas Mavericks. Dallas signed Fisher at the end of November after point guard Darren Collison got hurt. At the time, Fisher said he would devote himself to the Mavs for the season. ?I told (teammates) today, ?This is not a pit stop. This is not kind of the final whatever before I decide to retire soon.? I?m here to give everything I have to help this team right now and continue to build as we go through this season,? Fisher said after his first practice with the Mavericks on Nov. 29. After straining his knee on Dec. 18, Fisher went against the commitment he made to the team and asked for his release. ?In Tuesday?s game against Philadelphia, I suffered an injury to my patellar tendon,? Fisher said in a statement. ?With this news and the difficulty I have been having being away from my family, I have asked the organization to waive me so I can return home.? The Mavericks obliged and

Source: http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/mavericks_reportedly_bothered_that_derek_fisher_signed_with_thunder/12998833

Miami Dolphins Orlando Magic

No comments:

Post a Comment