Saturday, February 4, 2012

Beckham tossed from kids' soccer game

Soccer superstar David Beckham admitted he was shown a red card at a kids' game in Los Angeles.

The former England captain, whose first World Cup infamously ended with a dismissal against Argentina, said he was ordered away from the sidelines after protesting a referee's decision to send off one of the young players.

The Galaxy midfielder, 36, said he was forced to stand outside the park and only returned when a game involving his nine-year-old son, Romeo, was set to kick off.

Beckham recounted the story while back in London during an appearance on ITV's "The Jonathan Ross Show," which will be screened Saturday.

"I was watching the kids play the other day, it was the younger kids of Romeo's club, and there was a penalty given," he said on the talk show. "And the kids are seven years old and he sent the kid off. And I was like, 'Come on, he's seven, referee, you can't send him off.'"

Beckham said his protest backfired, adding, "He looked at me and was like, 'Yes, I can.' And he came over and gave me a red card. He told me to get out of the park. For real. The gate was only 20 yards away and I waited and went back in when my son's game was on."

Source: http://network.yardbarker.com/soccer/article_external/beckham_tossed_from_kids_soccer_game/9761668

James Worthy Buffalo Bills

No comments:

Post a Comment