Sunday, January 15, 2012

Paterno speaks: 'I'm sick about it'

For the first time, former Penn State head football coach Joe Paterno spoke out about the sexual abuse allegations against his former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky and the impact it has had.
?I?m sick about it,? said Paterno. ?I wanted to build up, not break down.?
In an exclusive interview with The Washington Post, Paterno, 85, told reporter Sally Jenkins that he didn?t know how to handle the situation when he was told in 2002 that Sandusky had abused a boy in the shower of Penn State?s football building. The witness, assistant coach Mike McQueary, testified at a preliminary hearing that he couldn't bring himself to tell Paterno the graphic details of what he allegedly saw Sandusky doing.
?I didn?t know exactly how to handle it and I was afraid to do something that might jeopardize what the university procedure was,? Paterno said. ?So I backed away and turned it over to some other people, people I thought would have a little more expertise than I did. It didn?t work out that way.?

Source: http://network.yardbarker.com/college_football/article_external/joe_paterno_on_sandusky_case_im_sick_about_it/9346259

San Diego Chargers Memphis Grizzlies

No comments:

Post a Comment