Sunday, April 29, 2012

Azarenka, Sharapova Gain Stuttgart Final

Sunday will see the battle between WTA No. 1 and No. 2 in Stuttgart when Victoria Azarenka faces Maria Sharapova.
Azarenka took care of business against Agnieszka Radwanska, taking out the Pole 6-1, 6-3. It?s the fifth straight time this year that Azarenka has defeated Radwanska. After the match Radwanska said she was suffering from a back injury and would head home to Poland to heal.
?Clay is not my favorite surface, but playing against same player all the time isn?t really fun,? Radwanska said.
?Every time I play her I know I have to bring out my best ? in a kind of ironic way, she brings out the best in me when I play her, Azarenka said.
In the second semifinal Maria Sharapova stopped Petra Kvitova?s 27-match indoor win streak with a 6-4, 7-6(3) victory over the Czech. Kvitova was not without chances ? she was 1-11 on break point opportunities and head a set point in the second set which she failed to convert.
?I had a lot of chances ? it...

Source: http://network.yardbarker.com/tennis/article_external/azarenka_sharapova_gain_stuttgart_final/10672376

Milwaukee Bucks Houston Rockets

No comments:

Post a Comment